Just like so many other businesses, Restaurants have a great opportunity to market themselves over the internet. A lot of food lovers scout for options on the internet. Internet Marketing is an extraordinary channel for restaurant, to make a simple and interesting communication, amongst customers ,inform them about the different offers , deals and entice them with mouth watering pictures of delicious food.
Lets look at some of the ways a restaurant can reach and excite their potential audience , engage with them and turn them into loyal customers.
Below are the digital marketing channels for restaurants, to win the pertinent customers through the effective digital marketing technique for restaurant industry.
Have a great website and get found: The internet is a cyber mall. Your web presence is your web store. Have a slick website that showcases your specialities ( food, décor, ambience, menu, etc ) and offers at present . Get a proper SEO or Google Search Engine marketing done for your website so that when someone searches for something relevant to what you are offering ( eg. Best Indian Mughlai food in Vasant Vihar ) , then your website does figure somewhere on the first page. What not the second or the third page ? Read here.
Have a great Facebook page: Use the Facebook page for the following
- Do frequent updates about offers,
- Post pictures of deliciously cooked food , designed to make you feel hungry
- Run contests for give away prizes ( eg. People post selfies with their favourite dishes / meals and others can vote. Give away meal coupons to the winners. )
- Update information about food festivals
- Post these updates in Facebook groups that are relevant to the posts. For example, for A Thai food festival, post this news in a “Thai food lovers” group on Facebook
- Keep changing the profile picture of Facebook to make it fresh and relevant to the news / trending topic at hand. ( eg. When some food festival is on, show pictures of that on the profile pic as well )
- Post photos of celebrities who have had food at your restaurant , with their permission of course.
Tweet to reach and inform your target audience : Have an active twitter feed. Use your twitter account effectively in the following ways.
- Post updates based on trending topics and use the right hashtags to get discovered. For example, when Navratras are going on and your restaurant serves Navratra special food, then post images of this along with Navaratra featival trending hashtags. When the weather becomes super cold, post images of some hot desserts with the right hashtags.
- Use twitter’s advanced search to find people who regularly like to tweet about food and related topics and engage with them. They may end up following you on twitter
- Choose a hashtag that’s fixed for your brand and uniquely identifies it and use it in almost every twitter post that you do. This way , anyone can see the trail of posts done by you.
- Keep changing the twitter profile pic so that it remains fresh, current and exciting.
Instagram can be a very effective tool , when it comes to a business that has visually appealing stuff. In a restaurant , the food & the ambience can be photographed in a visually appealing way. You may think that Instagram is the new kid on the block an whether you should really worry about making an effort to make your presence there ? But, Instagram is one of the fastest growing digital channels out there with more than 400 million people using it actively. Also , if youngsters are a key target market for you ( eg. A Micro brewery , pub, fast food, etc ) then Instagram is a place to catch them. Here are a few tips that will help you reach out to your audience on Instagram.
- Just like twitter, use proper relevant hashtags to help people discover your content
- Use Instagram’s search features to help discover people who post or follow content based on hashtags that are relevant to you and then follow them
- Use Instagram’s search features to help discover people who may be food lovers, by searching through their Instagram bio’s for keywords of interest ( eg. Gourmet, Foodie, etc )
Restaurateurs it’s not difficult after all to ensure a healthy presence on social media and engage with your customers. Social media is a great tool to build a rapport with your audience. Go ahead, put these ideas into practice, when you get the hang of it, it may take no more than a couple of hours per week to do these. All the best !